Burlap & Barrel Robusta Black Peppercorns 1.8 oz grinder top jar
|Delivery time:||Contact [email protected] for re-order possibilities.|
These fabulous black peppercorns are grown using organic practices and harvested only when the peppercorns are ripe. This new harvest has the same fruity, herbaceous, and some might say "robust" flavor that first captivated us!
- Origin: Ea Sar, Vietnam
- Aliases: Black peppercorns
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: Black peppercorns, organically grown (Piper nigrum v. Vĩnh Linh and Trâu Xanh)
- Tasting notes: Fresh Herbs • Dried Fruit • Tropical Heat
- You know what to do: grind over everything
- Add to tomato sauces, braises, beans, soups and stocks
- Try pairing a little ground peppercorn with fresh fruit
- Savory Kabocha Coconut Soup
- Sweet Mesquite Pecans
- Nelly's Spanakopita
- Jollof Rice
- Pho-Style Stock
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Wassail Rice & Chicken
- Pairs well with: Silk Chili, Smoked Pimenton Paprika, Wild Mountain Cumin
Peppercorns grow on vines in bunches like grapes. The red peppercorns are ripe, and the red fruit has a mild, sweet flavor. Allowing the peppercorns to ripen on the vine is tricky - peppercorns on the same vine ripen at different rates, and the peppercorns become a bigger target for birds and can mold as they ripen. However, when a skilled farmer can pull this off, the payoff is a warm, fiery peppercorn. These are black peppercorns, but they are fully ripened on the vine into a complete expression of their sweet, savory, fiery flavor.
The Robusta Black Peppercorns are a combination of two heirloom pepper varieties, Vĩnh Linh (grown by Dūng) and Trâu Xanh (grown by Thanh). Together, the two types of sun-dried peppercorns hit a perfect balance of fragrance and flavor.